What is the difference between a flat bevel and a serrated bevel?
- The flat grind (on chef’s knives, vegetable knives and utility knives) is a stable, durable grind and can be sharpened with the help of the knife mouse.
- With the serrated edge, small saw teeth are worked into the cutting edge, which make it easier to cut food with a crust or a solid exterior, but a soft core (for bread knives, utility knives with serrated edge).
- The better the care, the longer the shelf life.
- Regularly sharpen knives without a serrated edge, if necessary have them sharpened with a serrated edge.
- Do not cut on stone or metal.
- Clean and dry by hand immediately after use.